How to Store Your Bags
A well made bag, crafted in luxurious materials can last many lives and live to tell a tale or two Ensuring your bag lives a long and healthy life requires a few Do's and Dont's especially in terms of storage.
- A leather bag should be kept in a non-humid environment away from direct heat or sunlight
- Stuff Stuff Stuff - keep your bad stuffed, it can be stuffed with anything from bubble wrap, air pockets, tissue paper, to worn out scarves/clothes. This is especially important in the case of patent and vintage leather. When leather is kept in an unnatural position for a length of time, it can split.
- A trick here is to place all the bits and bobs in one bag that can easily be removed in and out.
- & ensure that the corners are stuffed. It is a common mistake to stuff the middle but forget about the corners.
- Don't throw something heavy on it. Space can sometimes force you to store bags on top of each other. Limit this and at least ensure that softer, lighter bags are placed on heavier, stiff ones.
- If the bag has chains and charms, try and store these inside the actual bag otherwise they could leave a mark on the bag if accidentally compressed.